In order to proclaim our utmost respect for your privacy, we will sign the Student Privacy Pledge this month. The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) and the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) introduced the Pledge to safeguard student privacy regarding the collection, maintenance, and use of personal information.
The Pledge has also been endorsed by the National PTA and the National School Boards Association, among others.
Our commitment to the Pledge is intended to demonstrate compliance with existing federal law and regulatory guidance regarding the collection and handling of student data.
“I want to make it clear that our stance is that student data must only be used for educational purposes only, and never, in any iteration, for profit by any means,” states Clay Burnett, FinalForms CEO and Co-Founder.
FinalForms may have the strongest stance in the ed-tech industry on student privacy, as our policies go beyond the Pledge alone.
Here are a few highlights from the Pledge:
- Not collect, maintain, use or share student personal information beyond that needed for authorized education/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
- Not sell student personal information.
- Not use or disclose student information for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- Support access to and correction of student personally identifiable information.
- Maintain a comprehensive security program.
Beyond the Pledge and Student Information:
- FinalForms does not sell ANY USER'S ‘de-identified’ or ‘aggregate’ data.
- FinalForms does not target ANY USER with advertisements.
Learn more about the Pledge here: http://www.studentprivacypledge.org
Posted on Jan 5, 2017
by Clay Burnett